Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Heist Society by Ally Carter



Character:
Plot:
Writing:
Cover:


When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre...to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria...to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own--scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving "the life" for a normal life proves harder than she'd expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring her back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat's dad needs her help. For Kat there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in history--or at least her family's (very crooked) history.



I was trying to sort of stay on our month's theme of realistic fiction, and I had this book at home and I remembered that I really liked it the first time I read it when it came out in like February. So, I picked it up again.

One thing I love about Ally Carter's books is that they are SOOO girl power oriented. I'm way into girl power, so I love all her books so far! The characters are super fun, I loved pretty much all of them, although I wish we could have heard more from the backup of Hamish, Angus, and Simon; I really hope the second book has more of them. Kat was superb! I loved how real she was, she really seemed alienated from authority which I can understand, but I loved that the whole family was very in your face together. They had very interesting family dynamics. Finally, Hale, oh how I love Hale, if you look at my list of the week, he's like number eight in my book crushes, after reading he really deserves to be moved up. I love his comments and witty remarks, but he's also super sweet. He is totally swoon-worthy :) The dialogue was awesome, everyone had funny remarks, and the dialogue's flow was really awesome. Finally the plot was really fast-paced, but didn't feel rushed, except I had to re-read the ending a few times to really know what was going on. Other than that, this book is AWESOME!
xoxo,
Shelbie

No comments:

Post a Comment