Saturday, August 21, 2010

Book Soulmates Guest Post!

Hey guys it's time for another guest post! This guest post is Isalys and Vanessa from Book Soulmates

(Well, actually it's Isalys from Book Soulmates, because I never recieved Vanessa's answers :) )

Name/Alias: Isalys & Vanessa or Vanessa & Isalys, either way we're Book ♥ Soulmates :)

Blog Name/URL: Book ♥ Soulmates at http://booksoulmates.blogspot.com/

Favourite Fantasy Book (standalone):
Isalys: The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller {release date August 24, 2010}. It's a beautiful and complicated story about soulmates that fight to hold on to each other lifetime after lifetime.

Favourite Fantasy Series:
Isalys: My very favorite fantasy series are: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent and The Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carriger. Each of these have new books coming out in the next few weeks/months and I'm practically foaming at the mouth for them, haha.

Favourite Fantasy Author:
Isalys: Suzanne Collins because she wrote The Hunger Games (enough said!). I also love Rachel Vincent's writing. She has a way of conveying emotions that make you feel everything right along with the main characters.

If you could be a fantasy creature what would you be and why?
Isalys: I know this is totally cliche, but I probably would be a vampire. I love their sex appeal, the allure and their strength. I've always been fascinated with them...long before Stephenie Meyer came along, haha!

Who would be your dream fantasy character boyfriend/girlfriend? Why?
Isalys: Someone who is strong, sexy, sarcastic, funny and a little arrogant. One of my favorite male characters is Jace from "The Mortal Instruments". He is one of my choices for ideal fantasy boyfriend ;o)

Who would be your dream fantasy character best friend? Why?
Isalys: Someone who is dependable, smart & incredibly funny. Someone who is optimistic and can cheer me up when I'm down. And definitely someone who is honest and will tell me what I need to hear even when I don't want to hear it. Luckily, I have one of these in real life...but as far as my books go, my fave BFF characters are: Vee from "Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick and Izzie from "Need" by Carrie Jones. Oh and I LOVE the fairies from "Eyes Like Stars" by Lisa Mantchev (I really wish I had fairy sidekicks, lol.)

Which fantasy character would you like at your arm during a party? Why?
Isalys: There are two guys that I would definitely not mind having on my arm. One is Jace (as per previously answered question, hehe) and/or Gideon from "Lords of the Underworld" by Gena Showalter, which is a paranormal adult series. There's just something about a man with electric blue hair *wink*

Which fantasy character do you think is the most like you? Why?
Isalys: One of the characters I connect most with is Kaylee from "Soul Screamers" by Rachel Vincent. She's pretty in a simple way and ordinary without being dull. She has a best friend that gets more attention than she does, but is not resentful (I definitely had that growing up). She doesn't go looking for trouble and she doesn't go shooting off at the mouth, but she doesn't let herself be walked all over either. One of my favorite things about her, which is very like me, is that she's very rational. She wants to do the right thing, but she's smart about it. She's not overly emotional and behaves appropriately based on the situation. And I love her relationship with Nash.

What is the last fantasy book you read?
Isalys: My Soul To Lose (novella in the Soul Screamers Series) and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater.

Which fantasy character would you not get along with? Why?
Isalys: I would have to say Ever from "The Immortals" by Alyson Noel. It's not so much that I wouldn't get along with her, but I would probably need to slap her around a bit so she would stop making so many of the same stupid mistakes, lol. Another character that I didn't bond with was Jem from "Numbers" by Rachel Ward. We're too different and I wouldn't be able to relate to her.

Who is your favourite badass fantasy villain? Why?
Isalys: The one that immediately came to mind was Cam from "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. He is deliciously deceptive! I wanted to trust him, but there's that little voice in that back of your mind telling you to proceed with caution.

Who is your favourite fantasy hero/heroine? Why?
Isalys: One of my all-time favorite female leads is Rose from "Vampire Academy". She's a "take no prisoners" kind of girl. She's strong, fearless, and loyal to a fault. I would want her to have my back in a fight! As far as the boys go, I really like Sam Roth from "Shiver" and "Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater. He's sweet and sensitive, which is the extreme opposite of Rose and it's what makes him so endearing. I like characters that are NOT stereotypical and break the mold of their gender.

Which fantasy character would you like to be if you could be anyone? Why?
Isalys: Honestly, I wouldn't mind being Grace also from "Shiver" and "Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater. She is so incredibly likable! One of my favorite things about those books is that there is so much love and admiration between Grace & Sam...and what girl wouldn't want that?!

What fantasy character would you like to play in the movie representation? Why?
Isalys: Alexia Tarabotti from "The Parasol Protectorate" Series. I would love to put on Victorian gowns and prance around old London *le sighhh*. I would definitely need to work on my British accent though, it's quite shameful!

Isalys & Vanessa
Book ♥ Soulmates

Make sure to check out their blog Book Soulmates and come back on Monday for the start of a new contest!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for letting me participate in Fantasyfest :)

    I'm sorry that Vanessa wasn't able to send you her answers. She's had some stuff going on and hasn't been able to blog much these days!

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete