Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

*** Warning: there are spoilers from the first two books in the series The Hunger Games and Catching Fire ***

Release Date: 8/24/2010
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 400
Overall: :

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.

Okay, it's going to be insanely hard to talk to you about Mockingjay without dropping oodles of spoilers. But I'm going to try.

I think this was my least favourite of The Hunger Games... It was still really really good but not the best thing one ever.

I always love the characters in this series. I always love Katniss's strength not to be pushed around. Peeta was pretty MIA the whole book. Was it just me or did it seem like he wasn't even in the book? Minor characters that I love: Finnick, Boggs, Delly, Haymitch, Johanna, Prim... I love them all they are epic characters that really deserve shoutouts. I really hated like 99% of District 13, so the minor characters were a welcome change to the fact that I didn't like district 13.

This plot was a lot more twist and turns than I remember in HG and CF. I was sort of confused for some of it. Writing was awesome. Best part of the book. I love the Suzanne Collins' writes so raw and real-ly.

(Sorry this review was kind of lame. If I would have gone more in depth I would have dropped a whole bunch of spoilers.)
Cover:
Characters:
Plot::
Writing::
Ending:

xoxo,

Ps. The spoiler-y post that shows my reaction to Mockingjay is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment